Faith is a journey...This is mine

Faith is a journey...This is mine

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Giving Thanks, Focusing on Blessings and Loving Life

October turned out to be a very busy, lively, vibrant month. Tons of family time, football, and fun with my friends (think indoor pool time with your best friend chasing her adorable one year old!). I finished my Esther bible study with Love God Greatly, and on November 10th I will doing another bible study with Love God Greatly, this time focusing on gratitude! If you are interested, click the link above and read all about it. I would love to have you join me in deepening my relationship with Jesus and walking closer with Him each day. It will be a joy filled, reflective, thanks focused study and I am eager to start this study! 

November is the finish of my first trimester of teaching, the start of my second trimester of teaching, wedding dress shopping with my cousin Aly, Thanksgiving, and lots of family time! I am really looking forward to it.

 I am a little nervous as well. Last Thanksgiving was an exhausting, stressful, emotional, draining time. My ex had open heart surgery on November 21, 2013. I was essentially primary care for him through his recovery in the hospital and then when he got home as well. By Thanksgiving day, I was absolutely drained. There was a ton of drama that took place on Thanksgiving day and by 11 that night, I drove home crying and just wanting to sleep for days. Now, I am completely different person. I have found my courage, my joy, and my strength. I am still nervous about how I will handle the week of the 21st. I am hoping that school will keep me very busy. I will be praying my way through that whole week. If you could pray for me, I would greatly appreciate it. My focus will be on my blessings and on all the people in my life that love, support and make me happy. 

Focus on your blessings, friends! Love is so wonderful and Jesus gives us all so much to be thankful for!

84,000 Prayers,
Teresa

P.S. My favorite devotional verse from this week was Psalm 68:35, "GodYou are awesome from Your sanctuary. The God of Israel Himself gives strength and power to the people. Blessed be God!"





No comments:

Post a Comment