Faith is a journey...This is mine

Faith is a journey...This is mine

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A Season of Waiting

Hello! There are officially 13 school days until Christmas break. Excited, is an understatement. It has been a long couple of weeks. My students have been quite rowdy and unruly. Hopefully, I will be able to get some good work out of them between now and Christmas break. I am so looking forward to Christmas, it truly is my favorite time of year. I love the weeks spent in waiting before Christmas. Advent is such a beautiful, peaceful time the opportunity to focus on the coming of Jesus is such a blessing. The reminder to slow down amidst all of the bustle and hurrying about and focus on Christ and His salvation for sinners is truly moving and awe inspiring. "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the heavens show His handiwork." (Psalms 19:1) Oh how true and beautiful this verse is! I pray that in this time of waiting for Our Blessed Lord, you take some time to marvel at the glory and beauty of God's creation. Take a moment or two to really just quietly sit with the Lord and thank Him for coming into the world, thank Him for his salvation of sinners. I will write again soon! Prayers to you and yours!

~Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment