Faith is a journey...This is mine

Faith is a journey...This is mine

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A Long Overdue Post

It has been a while.  After Christmas, things with work really took on a new pace.  I learned that it was all about keeping the students busy and keeping my own head above water. I had my share of challenges and definitely grew as a person and as a teacher. I am thankful beyond words for the teachers that I not only work with but also have the honor and joy of calling friends. They made my hurdles a little easier because they stood by me and supported me through everything. 

In March, a friend (and coworker) asked me to move in with her. The hunt for a place was over by the end of April and we were all moved in on the 6th of June. Living away from my family has been an adjustment and learning process but I am enjoying it immensely. 

 This summer has been one of reading, relaxing, watching movies and lots of prayer time.  I have so many things to pray for that sometimes I don't know where to focus my prayers. I am definitely receiving a lesson in laying it ALL at Jesus' feet.  That is a hard thing to do.  So often, I say, "Yes, Lord take it all. You have the control over everything in my life." And I mean that. I truly do, but alas, I am human and as a human, I desire to "write my own story" even when God's plan is infinitely better than mine. You see, I know how I want things to go and sometimes, I get a little freaked out because I know as well as everyone else does that MY plan and Heavenly Father's plan can be (and usually are) very different things.  I am in a constant state of being taught to follow, obey and TRUST. It can be hard and draining, but I know that it is for my own good.  I can certainly attest to the fact that it does bring me closer to Jesus.  And being close to my Jesus is the best feeling in the world.  

My current verses that I am praying over are:

 Psalm 34:4, "Oh magnify the Lord with me; and let us exalt his name forever." 

Isaiah 41:10, "Do not fear: I am with you; do not be anxious: I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand."

Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."


84,000 Prayers your way!

Teresa
     



No comments:

Post a Comment